Saturday 12 December 2020

Ledfoot and Tredz Painted


Ledfoot and Tredz join the crew! This tank was a lot of fun to paint. I tried out contrast paints for the first time with the green for the hull. It worked alright but I've heard they are better for more organic textures rather than these armoured plates.





It's a bit tricky to see but there is a fire effect in the grating under the boiler, and also I tired to paint the pressure values with red "danger high pressure" zones.


I wanted the tank to look really dirty so added plenty of washed and light blotches of different colours of brown and grey. I love how its turned out, I don't tend to do weathering, battle damage or dirt on my models often so it was a nice thing to do.



The two little Pygs who (somehow) fit into this tank were a bit tricky to paint but well worth the effort. The goggles don't show up well but the light blue lenses are a nice touch.


And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake. I love using it in Riot Quest, but though I can use it with my Minions army I can't see myself doing it very often as it doesn't really fit in the Gatorman themed minions army I have.

I'm running a Riot Quest painting competition! If you want to find out more about it the details are here! 

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment