Tuesday 19 January 2021

Model Review: Feora the Foresaken


Today we take a look at Feora the Foresaken, a Fighter class hero in Riot Quest and a Protectorate of Menoth Warcaster in Warmachine.
She comes in three metal parts.




There is a rather nasty mould line which runs across the top of both shoulder pads which crosses three different armour plates on each shoulder.
This is quite unfortunate and took quite a bit of work to file smooth without losing the distinct different armour plates.


The "dress" part is fantastically detailed with finely cast filigree which might be a pain to paint though! 



The smoke stacks are well cast and the connection points are very well done. I foresee no issues with this staying on



Her head with flowing hair is also nicely cast, with great detail in the face. It might be a little hard to paint the area between the hair and the smoke stacks once assembled but that is a bridge I will cross when I come to it.



And here she is fully assembled!



The "flamesaw" is the goofiest part of this mini, and to be honest its not even close to out of the norm for a Warmachine model really, I think she fits in nicely.




And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake.
She strikes me as a really nice looking mini, the anger she is giving off is clear in the pose and details like her face and clenched fist. 
If it wasn't for the mould line on the shoulder pads she would be a perfect mini so that's a shame, but it was fixable.
I've never painted a Menoth model as far as I can remember so she will be an interesting challenge (I have painted a Menoth themed Gremlin on 4Horseymans though)


If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment