Saturday 2 January 2021

Reaper Miniatures Painted for IKRPG


Here are a bunch of Reaper miniatures I finished up recently. I painted these mainly for use in the Iron Kingdoms Role Playing Game (IKRPG)
I love reaper minis for their character  which is great for RPG games, and it helps that they are really cheap as well.
When I mention the names of these minis in this post I'm using the name Reaper Miniatures gives them rather than the names of the characters they represent in my game, I do this so its easier for you to find them should you want to pick them up for yourselves.


This group is part of a pirate crew I'm slowly working on for the IKRPG.
I also intend to have them on hand for Warmachine if my Press gangers ever make a unit go above its starting size.


Barnabus Frost, Pirate Captain
This will be used to represent a pirate captain, I'm not going to go into detail about the characters each of these minis will become in game as I want to avoid spoilers for my players and viewers (we stream the RPG on twitch)
I will later make a post for each character with full profiles for people who want to use them in their own games.





He was a lot of fun to paint, though like a lot of some of Reapers older sculpts his face is lacking in detail somewhat. 
I mixed a reddish brown for his greatcoat and I'm very happy with how it turned out.


Here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake (I do all my scale shots with him)


Mariel Twinspar, Female Pirate
She will be the first mate on a pirate ship. I did find her a bit tricky to paint, and I know she isn't my "best" work but sometimes I find it better to comprise and just finish a mini and move on to something else.







Gruff Grimecleaver, Dwarf Pirate
In my mind this guy is a ships cook. He was relatively easy to paint up, I didn't want him to look flashy or draw too much attention and I think he fits the bill well. 





Hajad, Pirate
This mini had some awful mould lines running right done the sides of the legs, arms and... well everything. It made it a bit disappointing to paint him to be honest. 
I am still learning when it comes to skin tones but I think his came out alright.





This mini is Decker Lugstampf
Very interesting mini to paint this, loads of random details and parts which I had to decide what they are meant to be. 
He will be a Ironhead in the RPG (a mechanic in steam powered armour)
Its nice to have him as all the models which represent Ironheads in the game of Warmachine are on 40mm bases so to have a 30mm based option is nice for a "lighter" armour build.






Darkrasp, Evil Priest
I did convert him slightly, I removed his scythe and added the top of a halberd. A scythe didn't fit with the type of character I wanted. He was pretty fun to paint but I found it a bit tricky making the scroll look distinct from the bone it is wrapped around in his hand. I did manage it but it doesn't show very well with the sub par lighting I have...







I'm really happy with his glowing green eyes given how hidden they are under his hood. 


What do you think of these character models? I've plans for each of them to make appearances in the IKRPG campaign I GM on twitch
(you can find my channel here I run it Saturdays at 8pm UK time nearly every week)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment