Tuesday 11 August 2020

Model Review: Flubbin


Today we take a look at Flubbin who is a Scout class hero for Riot Quest and a Mercenary and Minion solo for Warmachine and Hordes which works for Crucible guard, Cygnar, Khador and Trollbloods.

She comes in two metal parts, one resin part and a transparent plastic flight stand.



The flight stand is a glossy plastic, I'm not sure how well it will take paint but I will give it a go. I'm planning for her to have it look like she also has a rocket booster to keep her in the air.


The resin balloon is really nicely detailed... but the rope!!! So much rope, this is giving me flashbacks to painting croak raiders!


Long thin resin injection port on the flat side of the balloon, nice and easy to remove.


The round injection port on the top of the balloon was a bit trickier given its rounded shape.




Flubbins head is much bigger than any of the gobber models PP have made before. Saying that though she is also the first female gobber model, so its possible gobber women just have bigger heads? 
I don't know either way. Luckily though the scale issue isn't as noticeable as she is higher up than the other gobbers so they aren't as likely to be right next to each other to make it obvious.


The attachment point for the balloon is decent. You can also get a good look at the various details like the stitching of her flight cap and the hose which attached the balloon to a gas bottle.


The circle indent in the middle of her torso where her belt is, that's the attachment point for the flight stand. I personally didn't find it a strong enough attachment for my tastes but if you've been following me for any length of time you'll know that I really like my minis to not come apart again once I've assembled them!


There is some miscast around the fins on the bomb in her right hand which is a shame, but only took a minute or two to clean up.


The face is really characterful with her cheeky tooth hanging out.


The hand holding the bomb is pretty small but well cast. All the details in the fingers are nice and crisp. It can even be posed in a few different angles.



The attachment point for the hand is decent, it won't need pinning unless you plan on being really rough handling her.


And here she is fully assembled.






So I ended up magnetising her to the flight stand as I figured she was quite likely to pop off and become a pain to get back on again. I drilled into her torso to fit the magnet into her belt and flattened the top of the flight stand to attach the second magnet. I will paint the magnets and the top of the flight stand as if they are a rocket booster and do a flame/smoke effect for the rest of the flight stand.




Here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake, personally I think she is scaled a little bit too big but not enough that it makes a huge difference. People come in all sizes after all I guess.

If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)


If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

I will be doing a giveaway for my supporters soon, one of them will be winning half of this terrain I recently made and painted!! Anyone who supports before the end of August will be entered into a draw!
You can find more details about that here


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment