Friday 28 August 2020

Harlowe Holdemhigh Painted


Harlowe Holdemhigh is painted! He was a pretty easy to paint model once I figured out what general colour scheme I wanted for him.






His face was a little tricky to paint given how high his collar is pulled up over his face with the hat also obscuring access to it. I went with the glowing blue eyes I typically do for magic users, but also painting his eyebrows as they happened to be sculpted onto the model.


The runes on the side of his gun are in the Rhulic style which cements these "spellstorm pistols" as his own. I had seem some people question if they used to belong to Caine but they are visually distinct.
I painted the runes in the same way I do for the Cygnaran gunmages I've painted. I paint them white then once its dry apply a blue wash then repaint the metal to the surrounding areas. 

Edit: I've been told that the runes spell out "Kiss kiss bang bang" which is a pretty cool little Easter egg!
Thanks to Nate for pointing this out to me!


Here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake. As expected Harlow is short - but he's a dwarf... so yeah...
I like how he turned out and am looking forward to getting him on the table now he's painted.
 

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

I will be doing a giveaway for my supporters soon, one of them will be winning half of this terrain I recently made and painted!! Anyone who supports before the end of August will be entered into a draw!
You can find more details about that here


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment