Saturday 6 February 2021

Iron Kingdoms RPG Adventuring Party Competition Pledge: The Grey Lanterns


When I saw that the Warmachine and Hordes Painting Group on Facebook (you can find it here, its an amazing place of sharing and creativity) had a contest going to paint up a IKRPG party along with a monster they are fighting I figured it would be a good time to make a push to finish painting these.

For those who don't know I GM IKRPG on twitch (my channel here) and have been planning to model and paint the party I GM for.
So here are the members of the party with a brief description of what I need to get done... 

And as a bonus and in the spirit of the IKRPG Requiem KickStarter which at the time of writing this has 5 days left to go (seriously... go back it... its great value! You can find it here)
I figured I could add some stretch goals of my own!

The contest calls for a party of 3-6 fighting a monster of some sort, but I like to go big! 
The party I GM for has 5 PC's and a Warjack so I will be doing all of them as well as the "big bad" of the campaign.

If I manage to finish them all with time to spare I will add on some stretch goals which I will go into below...


Adeld on the left is a Thamarite Advocate represented by the "Draegyn" mini from the Undercity board game.
Murtagh on the right is a Cutthroat represented by a member of Croes Cutthroats also from the Undercity board game.


Joston is a Trencher Express team/scout and is represented by a conversion. This is just a tacked together idea at the moment I need to start this conversion. Sculpt some shoulder pads, make an express crew gun to be holstered on his back and loads more details...





Balasar is a Urban Kriel warrior, currently in possession of an Orgoth shield! This conversion is based off a Trollbloods Warder and needs a lot more work before its ready to paint!






Konstantine is the leader of the group and I had been struggling to find a mini to represent him. He is an aristocrat ex Winter guard officer. I have ordered this artillery Kapitan to use as the base of a conversion for him. He will be armed with pistols and his family sabre.


This will be the "monster" they will be fighting. Currently the party just call it "3 head" or "the 3 headed thing" as they don't know its name. What they do know is that it is some sort of Cryxian monstrosity which has the souls of 3 brothers who used to own and lead the mercenary company the party are in....
I need to convert it a little to make it a bit more unique 


Hodgepodge is the parties Warjack, he is older than anyone knows and ferociously protective of the party. Armed with an axe and upgraded with a heavy boiler and cargo netting.
I still need to do more conversion work on this and try to sculpt the Grey Lanterns logo onto its shoulder plates.
Currently it has parts from 5 different factions Warjacks... can you spot them all??? 
(If you do let me know I will do something IDK what ATM)





Thats the party and what I need to get done... ONTO THE STRECH GOALS!!!


If I manage to get the party done in time I will paint up a Bonejack to fight alongside the parties adversary!


If I manage to paint up the Bonejack I will attempt the unlikely and paint up as many Cryx Thralls as I can! I have a Brute thrall, 7 Mech thralls, 5 Bile thralls and a Necro surgeon and her 3 stitch thralls...
I don't expect to get this done, but its nice to have lofty goals!!!

AND
If I get all that done I will do some terrain to pose them all on! 
Yeah,,, I'm reaching for Calder (One of the moons) at this point!

Let me know what you think of my madness... 

If you have any thoughts, tips or ideas I'd love to hear them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment