Tuesday 9 February 2021

Model Review: Kogan The Exile



Today we take a look at Kogan The Exile who is a Fighter class hero in Riot Quest and a Minions solo (With partisan Circle Orboros) in Warmachine and Hordes.
It comes in four parts one of which is resin the rest are metal.



The body is resin and had the injection ports on the top where the head attaches and on the foot. These are perfect places for them as no detail will be lost removing them.


You can see a slight mould line running up the side of the model here, its time consuming to remove due to all the detail this model has but its well worth taking the time to make it look its best. They aren't big mould lines so a scrap of a knife will sort it.




The connection point for the head is a large oval bump. Very easy and strong connection.



The mechanikal arm with axe is really nicely detailed. Circle Orboros styled runes caved into the axe head and rope binding it to the shaft with nice wrappings at the bottom.



By comparison to his mechanikal arm, this living arm seems tiny! Its nicely cast and fits onto the body fine.



The head and its headdress are nicely cast with tons of character. I really like the broken horn on one side. Unfortunately there is a nasty mould line which runs horizontally across this part crossing lots of the fur detail. I was able to file it off but it took a long time to do it without losing any detail.





And here he is fully assembled. 






And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake
I really like this mini though it did have a few annoying mould lines. 
I mainly plan to use him in Riot Quest though he might make it into some of my Minions lists. I might hold off on painting him until I paint the other Circle Orboros minis I have set aside for the IKRPG


I wanted to also note the new packaging for this wave of Riot Quest minis. Fully cardboard with a Replaceable front panel (which is the art card with the same section of fluff for the mini) means that every Riot Quest mini can use the same packaging. As well as there being no plastic packaging!
This does have the slight downside that shipping them in padded envelopes could lead to the packaging being crushed where as the old plastic blister packs had no problems with this. But that's a small price to pay to be more environmentally friendly.

If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment