Wednesday 3 February 2021

Model Review: Dynamite Duo Dez & Gubbin



Today we take a look at Dynamite Duo Dez & Gubbin who are a Gunner/Rogue class hero in Riot Quest and a Mercenary & Minion solo in Warmachine and Hordes.
They are the first dual class hero in Riot Quest, which will be interesting to see how that plays in game.
The card insert in the packaging incorrectly lists them as a Rogue/Scout.

They come in three metal parts.


Dez's body is nicely cast, with clear attachment points including a dent with a bump on her left thigh where the mortar rests giving it three attachment points.





She has a fairly rough mould line down her leg and on bits of her hair. 


Her face is really nicely done, expressionate and crisp.


Dez's arms and mortar as well as most of Gubbin is the next part.




Gubbin's body as well as a load of dynamite and other explosives have been crammed into this mortar.


Gubbin's head looks nearly identical to the previous version. Well cast with no mould lines.



And here they are fully assembled.






And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake.
The quality of the model is pretty good, though the mould lines on Dez were a big rough in places, nothing that would stop me recommending the model. 
I do find that personally I'm not a fan of this model visually. While I like the Riot Quest aesthetic in general, this model is just a little much for me personally. A gobber would not be able to survive being shot out of a mortar... its wacky and fun for some... but not for me. I got this as part of buying into the Winter wasteland Kick Starter, I doubt I would have picked it up as an individual purchase myself. 
But that's just my opinion, if you think differently be sure to let me know in a comment below!
I love hearing from you all.

I wanted to also note the new packaging for this wave of Riot Quest minis. Fully cardboard with a Replaceable front panel (which is the art card with the same section of fluff for the mini) means that every Riot Quest mini can use the same packaging. As well as there being no plastic packaging!
This does have the slight downside that shipping them in padded envelopes could lead to the packaging being crushed where as the old plastic blister packs had no problems with this. But that's a small price to pay to be more environmentally friendly.


If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)


If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment