Tuesday 2 February 2021

Model Review: Captain Karli



Today we take a look at Captain Karli who is a Gunner class hero in Riot Quest and a Cygnar weapon attachment in Warmachine and Hordes.

She comes in two metal parts.


 The main body is nicely detailed with lots of visual interest. There are slight mould lines but nothing too bad.




This excess flashing on the foot comes off easily with no issues.



Her face is nicely sculpted and will be fun to paint.


The grenade launcher and right arm are the other piece of the model and are nicely cast. Slight mould line again, but nothing difficult to remove.



And here she is assembled.







And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake.
I really like this mini, I'm a big fan of non human characters in the Iron Kingdoms and as a bonus she's also linked to my favourite theme visually (Trenchers). I will of course be painting her to match my other Cygnar Trencher models.

I might be wrong on his, but I think this is the first non blighted female Ogrun Privateer Press have made.

Overall I think she is a great mini and I look forward to using her in both Warmachine and Riot Quest.

I wanted to also note the new packaging for this wave of Riot Quest minis. Fully cardboard with a Replaceable front panel (which is the art card with the same section of fluff for the mini) means that every Riot Quest mini can use the same packaging. As well as there being no plastic packaging!
This does have the slight downside that shipping them in padded envelopes could lead to the packaging being crushed where as the old plastic blister packs had no problems with this. But that's a small price to pay to be more environmentally friendly.


If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

2 comments:

  1. Mixing in more female non-human models would be great. We need to see more of this with model re-releases. If you think about it, that would be a great way to boost sales on older units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah thats a great idea, resculpt some of the older units with that in mind would be pretty neat

      Delete