Wednesday 10 February 2021

Model Review: Major Aline Bennet



Today we take a look at Major Aline Bennet who is a Scout class hero in Riot Quest and a Crucible Guard Warcaster in Warmachine and Hordes
She comes in three metal parts.


She attaches to the base via this large plume of flame coming from her wrist mounted flame thrower. It's really nicely cast with no mould lines I could find.



It looks like there is a hand sticking out of the middle of the flames.
I think the flames are going to be really challenging for me to paint, I've never painted a flame bigger than a torch before, but I am sure going to give it a good try!



The body is nicely done with uniform and armour details which tie her into the other Rocket infantry in Crucible Guard.




The attachment point for her arm is a round peg style. It allows for some posing of the angle she is "flying" at. I did try to just glue it but she fell off within a week with light handling. I recommend pinning this.

There are slight mould lines running down her legs and on her weapon, but nothing which took more than a few seconds to sort.


The attachment point for the rocket pack is a large rectangle. Its a solid connection, I don't worry about this one at all.


I love the face with that large visor. I think I will try and paint something a bit special for it.


The rocket pack is an upgraded version of the ones the other Rocket people in the army have. It's got loads of nice details including smaller jets which I guess are for minor flight course changes.





And here she is fully assembled.






And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake
I really like this mini, the community had been asking for a Rocket person Warcaster for a long time, so for them to get one via Riot Quest is really cool.

I don't play Crucible Guard myself so she will just be for Riot Quest for me until I one day get to play the fabled Riot Quest IKRPG campaign, then she can be an NPC hero who swoops in one session to bail out the party!

The quality of this mini is really nice, with the minor issue of structural stability with the arm - body connection which requires a bit more hobby know how than some people might have.

I wanted to also note the new packaging for this wave of Riot Quest minis. Fully cardboard with a Replaceable front panel (which is the art card with the same section of fluff for the mini) means that every Riot Quest mini can use the same packaging. As well as there being no plastic packaging!
This does have the slight downside that shipping them in padded envelopes could lead to the packaging being crushed where as the old plastic blister packs had no problems with this. But that's a small price to pay to be more environmentally friendly.

If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment