Tuesday 9 February 2021

Iron Kingdoms RPG Adventuring Party Competition Greenstuff & Conversions: The Grey Lanterns: Part 2


This is the second hobby session for my entry into the Iron Kingdoms Party painting contest run by the "Warmachine and Hordes Painting" Facebook group (you can find it here

I managed to get some more sculpting and converting done last night so here is an update on my progress in converting up and painting The Grey Lanterns (the IKRPG party I GM for)


If you read yesterdays post you would know I used instant moulds to try and make replacement shoulder pads for Joston, the parties Trencher. These turned out pretty good!


There is a slight hole in the corner of the armour plate on this one but I can sort that later.


Roughly test fitting them I found I would need to carve out some of the thickness from them to make them fit nicely.



I also made a stock for his express crew gun I plan to have holstered on his back.
This Morrowan Resolute is the inspiration for this.



Checking how big the gun is and its nearly 5cm! thats going to be tricky to fit on his back while kneeling down. I might have to shorten it a bit and let "artistic licence" cover the difference.


I glued two lengths of plastic pipe together (I think these are from old cotton buds before they changed to having card sticks)
I then made a square ish shape roughly the width of the Express gun and added the stock on the end. This makes it slightly smaller than the official one.
I will work on this more once the green stuff has cured.


The bed roll came out of its mould while the green stuff wasn't fully cured and I bent it over the shoulder pad. This worked really well, I'm very happy with how it has turned out.
I think the Warjack is basically ready for painting now.





I cast up a 2nd shoulder pad and once that green stuff was fully cured I trimmed them down to fit Joston. I then used more green stuff to fill any unwanted gaps and smooth connection points.





Here he is next to a stock Express crew guy. Jostons shoulder pads are slightly larger due to them being cast from The Ogrun Trench buster but not enough that it looks bad I think.





This is going to be the "silent" brother, and I figured these chains will help illustrate him not being "active".


I used some green stuff to fully secure the chains in place and give them anchor points.


There wasn't a great deal I could think of to add to the "main" side which wouldn't make it look too busy. I did add a scroll into his hand. Who knows what dark secrets it contains!




I also added a hook with a tiny skull hanging from it. Not sure why, but it was in my bits box and I thought it looked neat. 




I think with this that the "monster" and the Warjack are finished and read for painting.

That's everything I got done last night, I have more plans for tonight. I hope to finish detailing Balasar and Joston. If the mini I'm planning to use for Konstantine arrives in the post I will start converting him as well.



If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment